This past week, we got to spend some time in Washington D.C., enjoying our nation's capital for AOII's International Convention.
We had an absolute blast taking in the history and got to enjoy touring museums, eating Georgetown cupcakes, and even sliding down the Lincoln Memorial.
As a special treat, our very own Crandall Hinton, who is serving as a congressional intern this summer, gave us a private tour of the Capitol. She even gave AOII International's president, Gayle Fitzpatrick, a tour as well.
While at convention, we heard from speakers such as our own Auburn alumna, Lori Hart, and other leaders of AOII, our sorority's new brand was launched, and we were so honored to win 12 awards:
- College Philos Award (for Panhellenic)
- Collegiate Women of Leadership Award (awarded to Jacqueline Keck)
- Adele K. Hinton Award (most outstanding alum for Patsy Vincent, our past chapter advisor)
- Two Rose Awards for two of our advisors
- Excellence in Fundraising
- Excellence in Campus Involvement
- Outstanding Leaders Council
- Excellence in Finance
- Excellence in Membership Retention
- Excellence in Risk Management
- Excellence in Philanthropy
We loved getting to represent our Delta Delta chapter and meeting so many sisters from across the nation and Canada! We can't wait until the next convention in Orlando in 2019!